Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Supremely Sugary Snickerdoodles

Alliteration time, yay! How droll.

Yes, I am aware that it is half past the witching hour, Kaeli, Lindsay, but you will have to deal. :P

Made a good number of said snickerdoodles today, though they were slightly too sweet for my tastes. This isn’t due to my culinary skills (or lack thereof), as I followed the recipe. 1 1/2 cups of sugar. The cookies look burnt, though they’re not – it’s merely the cinnamon coating. And they taste quite all right, too. I think I drowned my cookie craving by consuming about fifteen of them today. Horrors. The sugar in that. And the butter…it was all butter. Butter, and eggs, and sugar and flour made up the most of it.

But they’re tastygood! :)

I do wish I could have taken my Harmony lessons with Mrs. Janzen, whom, I believe, holds them in group lessons. I may end up being bored in a group lesson, but at least I would have some motivation to actually do my theory. I don’t do it immediately after the lesson – and then I go to do it and I can’t bring myself to work on it, not to mention that I’ve gone and forgotten most of what my teacher taught me.

Also, I think it would be much easier if I weren’t being taught in half English half Chinese! *glowers* It is VERY annoying, and as my textbook/academic classes are all taught in English, I think it would make sense if I learned Harmony in English as well. Cons of having a Chinese teacher is that she mispronounces things and confuses me. *irritated huff* Stupid.

7 comments:

Aurum said...

You'll have to forgive me, but ah witching hour?

Kaeli said...

Steph, you're crazy. How do you manage to function when you are always up at that time?

I think we should make it a rule that whenever one of us makes cookies we have to bring at least one for each of the other four...

Ignis said...

What if siblings make the cookies? Cause Sam was baking all day yesterday and Monday. Gingersnaps and chocolate chip Skor cookies and brownies and muffins. Yum . . . By the way, I love snickerdoodles. ~hint hint~

Kaeli said...

Haha. Maybe....depends on what the others think. Maybe we should just stick with things that WE made. (although I LOVE gingersnaps....)

Anonymous said...

She does give group lessons and they are cheaper than single lessons to boot. As far as I can see the groups seem to have a good time and aren't that bored, although this does not seem to stop some students from simply not doing their work and failing. Do your homework Stephie.

gabe said...

i think the cookie rule should include what siblings have made. if they still live with you. the exception would be if they are burnt or already eaten.

Kaeli said...

Eew! Especially if they're already eaten! Thanks for the clarification, Gabe. What would we do without you?