Saturday, November 04, 2006

Champagne & Lace

The former of which I have never tasted and the latter of which I will never wear.

We drive by Champagne & Lace, and there is a beautiful – pretty – red dress in the window that would be perfect for the Christmas banquet, but I would never fit in it, and my shoulders are too broad for a strapless dress like that, anyways. I shall come wearing black, I think, if I come at all, which I should. *laugh*

Don’t mind me. It is wet and gloomy outside, and I am on the low end of a mood swing, and I have been listening to Linkin Park and Evanescence all last night, as well. And my brothers, they are being less than cooperative.

Illuminators and fireworks.

Bird of paradise, man of ruin.

Apocalypse.

The last three items are ones that only one person would understand, if he does at all, which he should. The last two are related; the first is from a book. Yes, Hailey, I am again mentioning Luke. Should I repeatedly mention Luke’s name in every paragraph just so you can count them? *rolls eyes*

This is the less angst-filled one of two possible posts, and the other isn’t going to be published anywhere, not now.

4 comments:

Aurum said...

gee you sound happy. Well cheer up, strapless dress stink anyway (on wrong move and whoops, imbarrising). And I only count when you mention is name more then twice and they are in diffrent paragraphs. This time was ok.

Kaeli said...

Hayz, it's embarrassing. Just thought you'd want to know. Sorry you've been having such a crappy time lately, Steph. Hugs help. Hershey's hugs will suffice if you don't have someone around who will hug you.

Anonymous said...

Champagne and Lace is a snobby place. Blah.
Illuminators do make some seriously cool fireworks but they should really ease up on the whole 'I'll kill you if you look at my fireworks' attitude.
I don't instantly recognize the last two but they sound as if they are part of the prophecies that show up at the start and end of the books. They are referring to either the last battle or the breaking, I think.
"Put sword down. Narg no hurt. Myrddraal want talk you" Heh, good old Narg was a smart negotiator.

Kaeli said...

Champagne and Lace is snobby? I never knew. I've been in there a few times, too. They seemed alright to me.