Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Game Cube & Boys

I just re-skimmed “When You Own The Universe” and now I’m thinking about boyfriends again. Or boy friends. “Every Time I Touch” is sort of the theme song for that story for me because I listened to it a lot at that time. I spent forever trying to figure out what romance stories I associated it with and finally remembered it was Remembrance. *sigh* I’d thought it was Inverloch before, but it’s not. Yeah…boyfriends/guy friends. I’m being partially shallow and partially wistful and altogether stupid, because I’m not going to get a boyfriend anytime soon. But, *shrug* I want a really good guy friend. Sometimes it weirds me out to admit that I might enjoy guys’ company more than girls’, occasionally. But, yeah…I don’t know. Maybe it’s just me, or maybe it’s just some weird complex that all girls have. Maybe it’s just particularly dominant in me? Or I just mention it more.

This is more ridiculous than anything I’ve ever heard, so there’s really no need to reiterate it, but I can’t really believe that sometimes I feel less of a girl just because I know nothing about makeup, do nothing with my hair, and almost couldn’t give a care about clothes other than making sure it’s the hoodie-jeans-dark tee thing? It’s so stupid! But this whole deal is usually what happens after I read some chick flick and I think, “I want a guy like that!” Yeah. Being ever so shallow, but I’m a girl, and a teenager. Surely I’m allowed that.

Anyways, another issue – I can barely write anything that isn’t along the lines of romance or stupid suicidal/depressing crap. *rolls eyes* So let’s screw that whole authoress idea? Not that it so much appealed to me at all in the first place, really, but… I really should stop listening to that song. It doesn’t help my mood. I can get depressed in more than one way – there’s the ever-obvious pissed-off dark mood (which includes being thoroughly pissed with myself for various reasons) and then there’s the whole wistful-why-can’t-I-be-blahblahblah thing.

Um. Yes. I was going to blog about the birthday party at Sawyer’s house, but this completely ruined the mood. Just that I’m much better at Super Smash than that whatever-its-name-is FPS type game. I need to Google Princess Peach and Zelda – figure out some more of their moves. Though Samus is cool and Matt managed to beat me in that last game of SS. Gr. I had even been ahead of him at one point. Maybe I would’ve won with Peach. But maybe not. I’m not familiar with all the functions of the controls, but I can hold my own. Against them, that is.

Peach is sweet – she can fly/levitate, so I don’t die as easily if I stupidly walk off the ledges. Which I did in that FPS game in the temple map – I first walked into a canyon to see what it was and died – then I spawned right beside it, didn’t realize that, and turned – and fell – and died – the third time was mere stupidity. I pretty much walked straight into it, was like, “Hey, this looks familiar – wait, isn’t that the cliff – oh CRAP!” So I sucked at that. Partially because I wasn’t familiar enough with the controls to maneuver properly well enough to handle running around much less shooting much less shooting someone IN my cross hairs. I’ve never actually used the C control on a Game Cube controller – then again, all I’ve pretty much ever played was Mario Kart, the Double Dash, and then a somewhat limited SS game; that is, not all of the characters and worlds/maps were available.

Ooh, we played Texas Hold ‘Em, and Scum, and Spoons! And Mafia. :) Very cool. Ha ha, I won the pool in our first real round of Texas Hold ‘Em with a four-of-a-kind, kings, but that was the only round because someone realized we were playing with a Pinnacle deck, and then people got bored. So.

4 comments:

Ignis said...

You are the most insanely random person I have ever met.

gabe said...

I agree.

Kaeli said...

But it's awesome, and I love it. Go Super Smash Brothers! I like Kirby. I'm sure you did just fine, Stephie. And you do have guy friends. Two that I know of. probably a lot more. But that doesn't mean you don't love us girls anymore, does it?

Aurum said...

With that Texus Holdum game. I don't see how you one, cause acording to one of the guys a full house beet everything and two people had full houses. But the party was fun. And the game you couldn't remember (that we both stunk at) was Time Spliters. Your not less of a girl because you don't wear make-up or do fancy stuff with your hair. You would be almost out of place in our group of friends if you did. You don't have to be an author, and besides what's wrong with writing romance or susicdal/depressing stuff?