Sunday, November 26, 2006

Snowplough

There is no glory in shoveling snow. Especially while it is still snowing. And my brother wasn't helping like he ought to have. My fingers are still defrosting - my jeans and hoodie were both soaked through, and my hoodie's ties froze...I'm gonna feel all those muscles complaining tomorrow.

We skipped church today, ya know, due to the snow. Probably a good thing, as the snow only got worse. We watched the live webcast instead.

I'm wearing that big fluffy pink sweater. I can't find the white one, and this is really soft and I'm cold.

I can smell the spaghetti sauce and I'm hungry. It smells really good...*salivates* (I think normal people would have written *drool* instead). Mom is chopping carrots by the sink. :)

5 comments:

Kaeli said...

You're right, "salivates" probably isn't the first word that would have come to a NORMAL person. Why the heck were you wearing jeans and a sweater in the snow?! How do you not have snow pants and a coat and stuff? How are you supposed to play in it if you're freezing like that?

Kaeli said...

Oh yeah, Steph. I'm glad to see that your most recent posts have been during the day, not at ridiculous times in the morning. Good for you.

Aurum said...

Spagetti is good, I had that for dinner. Ok, their are a few things you should know about winter, and shovoling snow. Fist, think gloves, or mittens, whichever one lets you have controle over your fingers. Next layers, were something thing (nylongs), they jeans, and socks, you'll stay warm. T-shirt, then hoodie/sweater, then jacket. When wearing socks in winter one must, no matter how stupid it looks, have the socks go over the bottum of the jeans, saves you from defrosting the snow that goes in your socks. Second, if you don't have snow boats, hicking boots, or rubber boots work just as well. After such horrific events of having to shovel snow, one must take a nice hot bath or shower to warm up again. Oh, and took, or something over your ears, and a scarf are nessisary to not lose your nose or ears.
Glad you had fun.

gabe said...

We did'nt skip church. My mom and I went to church in Langely. It took it took over an our to get to Abbotsford. When we were going up the big hill the fruiticana is on we had to park the vehicle a walk most of the way home from there; fortunately we were able to borrow a phone and get my sis to pick us up. It was sorta fun though.

Kaeli said...

Wow, Gabe. That sucks. My brother and sister-in-law couldn't get up the hill to et to their house, so they had to walk home, too. It wasn't far though.