Thursday, November 09, 2006

Scattered Lights

We have some glass and crystal figurines in a cabinet in our living room, and some of them are faceted. I turned off the lights and shot a laser at a little crystal chick (the baby chicken) and it looks quite cool. The light shoots off in several dozen directions, considering that the chick is so small, therefore has many faces very close together - I like the effect. Like some little disco ball. Which is, I suppose, more or less the principle behind them. Disco balls, I mean. I'd like a little one. Not with the lights - I want one of those with the mirrors.

I have figured out how to use those ornamental chopsticks; however, I have managed to (sorry, Janelle!) snap one of the chopsticks she gave me.

:(

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your going to go blind with all that laser exposure, and if you don't, you will deserve to. heh.

gabe said...

thats not nice.

It is a shame about the chopsticks, they were neat.

Light really is wonderful.
In art yesterday for divosions Mrs. Doell was talking about the light spectrum.

Aurum said...

sounds like you had fun.

Kaeli said...

Seriously Steph, SLEEP!!! How do you manage to function with all your nights of staying up until all hours of the night?

Luke, that wasn't a very nice comment. (but true nonetheless...)