Saturday, November 11, 2006

Hair Problems...

Oh crap. I think I am getting split ends.

I plucked out a piece of hair to measure and was met with an end that was split into three for about a third of a centimeter. After that I spent five minutes holding my hair up to the light and found about five other such strands. This isn’t good. I might end up having to trim my hair far earlier than I want. Any tips out there? I have no clue if shampoo and conditioner and such would help, because I don’t ever recall having split ends. I don’t do anything to my hair either (straighten, curl) so I know that isn’t the cause. I really, really don’t want to have to cut my hair even an inch.

5 comments:

Aurum said...

I think their their is somthing (try the garnia fructis(sp?) stuff). Or you could just get a trim befor the ends split to bad and you have to get it cut really short (like when I had long hair I had to get my hair cut off at my cut boy short because of split ends). It's the easiest way to go, and it makes your hair look healthier.

Kaeli said...

Sorry Steph, I've never had this problem, so I have no advice. I've seen commercials for Shampoo/Conditioner that's supposed to help with split ends, but I have no idea if they actually work. Experiment.

gabe said...

:( It is too pretty to cut off. If you just cut it a teensy bit, it will grow back fast?

Ignis said...

I'm sorry, but I have to laugh. It's so funny hearing - seeing, whatever - you talk about your hair problems. And our group of friends is really lacking in the shallowness (is that a word?) that plagues our school. It's great. Jacqui's apparently laughing too.

Kaeli said...

Perhaps it's "the shallow nature" that you're looking for. And Stephie's hair is gorgeous, so this is a tragic occasion.