Sunday, October 15, 2006

Band Camp

It was good.

Routine answer given. But no...it was really good.

We basically did a good deal of practicing there. The timpanis are getting very frustrating. Plus my tuning abilities might need some work and a lot of practice due to lack of time...

We also got band buddies - beginner band kids - and tutored them and helped them with their instrument and playing. I was paired up with Alex. She's a very nice kid. :)

We played night games...were instructed by Maria not to scare the tar out of the little kids...but a good deal of us did anyways. I hid with the glowsticks in the tree and almost fell out once, leaning over to do Rock Paper Scissors. Luke is scary enough as is. Pee Wee dressed up in camo and had a plastic knife. Robert was in all black - Greg used his cape (which I am associating with Zorro as he dressed up as such once last year) and spoke with an accent...and most of us dressed up in black or dark clothes. Taylor and Jason used face paint along with a few others...it was pretty darn fun.

Did a lot of talking later in the night with Luke, surprisingly enough. Glowsticks are very fun to play with.

I think I'm too lazy to sum up the rest of the trip...we played, practiced, ate, hung about...but still, it was fun. Of course, I got to come home and catch up on homework...bleeeeccchhh.

:)

1 comment:

Aurum said...

sounds like you had fun. Almost wish I'd stayed in band to be their. Almost.