Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Much Procrastination

For Sunday night:

Oh screw it! I have the stupid Socials speech due on Thursday and I got NOTHING done over the weekend, no Harmony, no studying for Planning either – I didn’t even work on my PE worksheet and I’m only hoping it’s due Friday. Wow. SUCH a productive weekend. Cruuuud. I’ve been procrastinating again. That and I've been reading. Anyone taking human biology and knows all the muscles and can tell me? Dave wasn’t particularly very helpful.

7. What muscles are known to be in your center of gravity? (Note “center”, not “centre” – not Canadian spelling.) - the good ones

8. What is the muscle commonly known as shoulder? - the right épaule

Love, Dave

SO…the right shoulder as opposed to the left one? Or the wrong one?

*hisses* There, are a number of short, raised welts on my hand, and they ITCH! And they sting when it gets wet. And I got home last night and looked in a mirror and my cheek was still red, and it still smarted if I touched it. Yes, Vasya, this is war, and you have only won the battle…mwahahahahaaa. And I have your gloves. And you owe me the CD.

He hit me in the face with a hard snowball!

The bus trip home was…interesting, to say the least.

I am to go practice my piano now. It is actually Sunday night, from this section on. No blogging from home, si? Si.

I need to visit the dollar store for glowsticks, a laser pointer, black hair elastics, black hair clips, and tea lights. No – wait, I still have a couple of those hanging around. Flames and candles are so cool.

I’m a bit shocked at my current frame of mind, of wanting to “accidentally” drop my Theory book out the window of the car on the highway. It just – arggg!

I’ve been typing up a list of songs…for random reasons…or not so random…

Wow, what happened to being organized? I cannot think. I’m sure there was something I wanted to say, but I’m not sure what…

Luke lent me his Archos 604 Wi-Fi (I wrote this completely from memory – did I remember it correctly?) on the bus trip to UBC and gave me a little (or not so little – the thing was two or so hours in its entirety) movie thing to watch, one which I watched half of and emerged somewhat scandalized and a bit traumatized. He hadn’t seen it yet, and I was to review it for him…in the future, he’s checking those vids first before he shows them to me!

I am drinking tea from a clean plastic Pepsi bottle, and the tea smells like canned ice tea but tastes normal. My guess is that the lemony smell is due to the fact that the bottle had previously held Pepsi in it, which I believe has a bit of a lemon twist. I don’t know; I threw out the label. In any case, I must be typing too hard because the tea inside the bottle is randomly rippling.

How in the world does one roll their Rs, and why can I not do it? I had the same problem in French last year and I had to fake it. This, as it so happens, came up on the bus trip home, when some feline decided to purr. Luke informed me that to make a purring sound, it would be like softening the rolling of an R…and I cannot roll my Rs. It irks me to no end. (There now, Kaeli, normal people would most likely not say “irk”, either!)

Oh, yes! At the UBC versus UVIC game, there were a couple of guys – older, twenties or so, and a few of them had been drinking (and continued to throughout the game). Apparently, beer was sold there, the Canadian brand or whatever, the one with, I think, the maple leaf on it or something. Anyways, there was one guy who was REALLY off it and was kinda just making comments to the band at first, such as, “Xylophones? Xylophones? I played those in grade four!” and the like. Later on he was like, “Sorry, thought you guys were from UVIC,” a legitimate excuse since the team’s colours and our band uniforms were both dark blue and yellow. He also said he wished we were in uni so he could hassle us. I was like, “Just how drunk are you?” One of the guys on the UVIC team, Ellis, he kept yelling at, just mocking him throughout the whole game. “Ellis, you’re a redhead, you still haven’t accepted it,” and, “Ellis, you’re a man and you have streaked blond hair!”. Just mocking him in that manner. It would’ve been funny had I not felt so bad for the player. I mean, that drunk guy may have been for UBC, but I sort of doubt it…he dissed UBC players too, so…what with having been reading WoT, I was thinking, wouldn’t it be cool if I could just gag him with Air? That would’ve been fun. Seriously. Once he yelled something all the way across the stadium and got ticked off, and was really ticked off, and yelled, “Shut the f--- up!” or something to that extent, and splashed half a cup of beer all over the place. I was thinking, “Dude, you’d better not be driving tonight.”

My initial reaction towards those guys was one of disdain, and had at first decided that may have been why MEI was seen as so aloof and all that, so I tried to soften my attitude towards them, but in the end? Hmph. I wasn’t really ticked, actually, just…well, yeah. Disdainful. Anyways, this all sounded better in my head, but it’s twelve again, so I should go. :)

1 comment:

Kaeli said...

Yes, Steph, I realize that "irk" is not a word regularly heard amongst people of a lesser vocabulary, however I think we all know that you are not one of those people.
My sister complains that she can't roll her "r"s, either. It's sort of like a "d" sound made very rapidly. Very difficult to explain. I've just always been able to do it.

STOP PROCRASTINATING!!!!!!!