Wednesday, September 27, 2006

The Holly And The Ivy

Having encountered the ivy more than the holly, but the holly by far a more painful encounter...

All the grade tens went to do "community service" today, meaning no classes. Woot! Our group went to a park to clear out ivy from the trees, to "keep them alive for another year," quote unquote. So we yanked...and hacked...and chopped...and had a grand time. Really. No sarcasm here. It was cool, doing something productive and with a tangible result, seeing the trees cleared. It was pretty cool. Dirt underneath my fingernails and leaves in my hair, but hey, live a little, man!

Mr. Opp decided to dump water on me...THANKS, Kaeli! But then she redeemed herself by dumping water on Mr. Opp, then took Madison hostage. (Maddy is a dog. With a pink leash.)

Ooh yeah. I was clearing out the ivy on the ground and that DUMB HOLLY kept pricking me in the back! Jeez! I was helping it! So much for gratitude. Did I spell that right?

Big snips are fun. Lindsay is strong. Kaeli doesn't like spiders. Gabe likes teasing her about that. Hailey wonders what she can put in gum to use to kill another person. (Might I suggest cyanide?) Mr. Opp wears sandals. SANDALS, when we've all been told to wear NO open-toed shoes. Tsk tsk tsk.

1 comment:

Ignis said...

Yes, Hebrew. Wonder what it'll be next time.