Tuesday, April 17, 2007

42

I would be so much happier if I could just throw my theory out the window and be done with it for the rest of my life. So much happier. But what is happiness? Does it clothe you? feed you? I suppose, like friends, it is not essential to life but gives meaning to life. However, despite friends and spans of happiness way too short for my liking, I still don't find the meaning of life.

42.

A number is an answer but no answer in itself.

What does happiness matter anyways?

What is happiness? A good book, because that's the only way I can escape...songs are second as a means of bleeding out the negative emotions. I know I sound bitter/cynical/jaded/depressed/whatever. I can lose myself in a fictional world so much that I could almost cry when I have to come back. It's ridiculous. But with that, I can actually forget, for a moment, and ignore everything else. Like upcoming assignments. Or theory.

Ignorance, after all, can be bliss. Of course, so can intoxication, and incomprehension, and indifference...

Humans are too complicated and too fallible.

No comments: